19.6.07

touch up 101

this is the result of an image i recently touched up. just wanna share some light, geddit? some light. haha. nemind. anyways, this image was taken by julian without my knowledge. i'm not posing although i would if i knew. haha. now, let's begin our lesson no.1. in order to see what has been done to it, let's take a look at what it was before.
this is the original image that was taken. bad light, bad hierarchy of visuals, bad colour information, and er, bad everything else. if you notice, my jeans and my jacket is of different denim. my skin on my face doesn't look too appealing, and it certainly doesn't match my hand in the pocket. the background tends to be shouting louder than the subject. see how the whites on the back is on a higher level than the whites on the subject? colour saturation is too high and burnt on the subject. i had to bleach it to harmonize the levels. now that we have identified the problems, let's begin lesson no.1. step 1, i opened photoshop. step 2, i, er.... too many steps la, i'll continue this on the next chapter. tra la la. see you next time. thank you for joining me. this episode is brought to you by the letter H, U and E.

No comments: