23.8.07

divine pain

i got inked again last night. a pair of wings to be exact. it's not quite done yet with the colouring. impulsive? maybe. but i'd like to see that it took a good 10 years in the making. you see, the very reason that got me so interested in tattoos in the first place was because i fell in love with sarah's (the little girl who grew up) tattoo in the crow : salvation back then, but i totally forgotten about the wings when i had my first tattoo. i recently caught that film again and it made me reminisce those days. the goth, the rebellion, the attitude, the energy. i decided that it is about time.

i really like this particular picture of me with one side of the wing taken by sengkai. keng la that fella. haha. below are pictures of the process that jules took while i got inked.it's not really done up yet. i had to stop and continue on another session cos the cold sweat and fever was coming. so there you go. what do you think? my mum didn't quite share the same sentiments. haha.

14 comments:

Lilian said...

Ok I only saw these pics after I commented on yur facebook. So ignore that. Lets start afresh.

Woh! Its really beautiful!*faint* so huge..so..pain...ow.... *cries a river*

Drama Mama said...

WAHLAU!!! Happening-nya... Full back summore... nice nice..

Ms. Redd said...

did ur mom go
"aiyo joey...blablablabla"

my mom always starts with an aiyo when i get a new one..

hehe

Anonymous said...

yeah man...my mum too...sigh...mothers these days...HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

omg. it's huge! =P
arghhh everyone's getting a new tatt. making me itching for one too :*(

Anonymous said...

woahhh that's huge =P
everyone getting a new tatt ... making me itch for one too! :*(

Anonymous said...

want me to press/touch it again? hehe :p

Joanne said...

u gotta eat more lar dude, u're disappearing in your tats! kakaka... hey.. i like the choice of red for outline, goes well wif ur hair! :) kekeke...

joey.khor said...

lilian : yes ah? you left me a comment on facebook meh? how come i din get wan? what did you say? i'm glad you think so. thank you thank you.

jessica : no la, not full back la. just the 2 wings. i know that if i do the 2 wings, i wont be able to add on a full back cos its one of those stand alone pieces. thought about it quite a while and i decided to get it la.

ms.redd : not really. she just rolled her eyes and say that i dont love her anymore. haha. she's like that. btw, enjoy your backpacking ya.

lynn : is it really huge? all i know is that it took a while. :) hey, do what your heart tells you my dear. if you really wanna get one, then do it. don't worry yourself too much. hugs.

iris : no lor... next time you get a tat and i'll ask you the same ya. haha.

hushie : i tried eating, and fighting my inner demons. i've stopped that edi. now we are on the same side. haha. well, i did the red outlines cos im gonna colour it red, so when its finished, you wont see the outlines. what do you think? nicer hor? :) when you wanna get yours la my dear?

Lilian said...

When will it be finished? Wana see the real thing. Gee..today only some frens kept persuading me to get one. Would like one but for now..i duno what will be suitable.

joey.khor said...

hhmmm, patience my dear lilian. haha. i dont know when it'll be done cos i have to let it heal first, but i'll make sure you see first when it's done k. :)

Anonymous said...

aiyo i want i wanttttt *jealous*

Anonymous said...

that wing thingie is refreshing. the colors are vivid too. so when you gonna design one tatt for me ar?

bongkersz said...

that's farking cool!! and quite a huge piece. very nice. love the colour combinations, red + black. bloody wings. where you did it?